SeqAhead, the COST Action BM1006 started officially 1 August 2011 and therefore will have its first Management Committee (MC) meeting in Brussels 7 November 2011.
The MC meeting will be a join event with the first COST workshop held 8 November which will give the COST participants an opportunity to present their infrastructure and research activities in the NGS field.
According to the presented activities, the COST participants then will discuss the following day (9 November) the activities the COST Action will follow within the next 3 years and how to organize them in separate work group session:
- WG1: Technology watch for new developments
- WG2: Development of an Action Plan for NGS bioinformatics to cope with challenges for European research area
- WG3: Design, implementation, and incorporation of software solutions
- WG4: Generic informatics topics
- WG5: Development of a strategic dissemination and education program for NGS bioinformatics
The results wil be published after the meeting.