Miguel Perez-Enciso (ES)
Petri Auvinen (FI)
1. Introduction to gene ontology and functional annotation
2. Sources of GO data and it’s impact on functional modeling
3. Computational de novo annotation
4. Blast2GO tool
5. Strategies for modeling functional genomics datasets
Students should bring their own laptop with blast2go tool installed!
Application to Course
1. There is no registration fee
2. Attendance is limited to 30 trainees (students)
3. Applications should include a single pdf containing a one page letter of motivation explaining current research project and brief CV.
4. Applications should be sent by email to Miguel Perez-Enciso ( email) and Petri Auvine ( email)
5. Priority will be given to PhD students and postdocs having finished their PhD no later than 2 years ago.
6. Among criteria of acceptance, we will balance gender and geographic origin.
7. Applications after 22 February 2013 will be treated in consecutive order, until the maximum is reached.
Financial Support of Trainees
a. Ten Travel Grants (800euro each) are available from COST Action TD0801 (StatSeq)
b. Please state in your application whether you apply for a Travel Grant.
c. Students with residence in Finland can not apply for Travel Grants.
c. Deadline for application for Travel Grant is 22 February 2013
d. Notification of approved Travel Grants is 04 March 2013
A. Venue: University of Helsinki, Biocenter 2 (Biokeskus 2), Viikki campus (Viikin kampus), Street address: Viikinkaari 3
B. Transportation: from railway station take bus 68. There are other choices but start with this. If you need/ want to plan more your self use Reittiopas (routeguide) you can use it in planning your route in Capital area. It holds all busses, trams and metro.